Trenton MCO™ 110 outerwrap is used aboveground or belowground as a mechanical protective wrap over Trenton
Wax-Tape® anticorrosion wraps.
Trenton MCO™ 110 outerwrap is a specialized blend of quick-curing resins impregnated into a fiberglass fabric. It provides protection for coatings that need additional mechanical strength. MCO 110 outerwrap is applied by hand, with
no special application tools needed. The MCO 110 outerwrap package includes gloves and Trenton MCO outerwrap end adhesive.
If the wrap's color fades due to UV exposure, MCO 110 can be painted. In especially challenging frost heave
conditions, the area above and below the frost line can be wrapped three times for extra strength.
Quick and easy to apply, with minimal equipment requirements
• Adds excellent field-applied mechanical protection to coatings that excel in anticorrosion protection, such as Trenton
Wax-Tape anticorrosion wraps
• Superior protection against soil stress and backfill
• Can be applied in high-moisture conditions (because the resin is moisture-cured)
• Provides a "hard-shell" coating that protects and can also be
• High solids content with low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
• Low odor
• Quick cure time so it is ready for immediate backfill after
• Apply any of Trenton’s Wax-Tape® anticorrosion wraps (or
another coating that needs extra mechanical protection).
• On horizontal pipe, start with a downward-facing strip
and wrap Trenton MCO™110 outerwrap onto the pipe in
a spiral pattern, using a minimum 50% overlap. Use an
80% overlap when needed in high stress areas, such as
transition pipe in clay soils. On a vertical pipe, start at the
bottom and spiral up. When wrapping, apply only enough
tension to prevent slack. The wrap can be repositioned to
achieve a proper application.
• Make sure MCO 110 outerwrap is extended out past the
underlying coating on both ends for better anchoring.
• When a roll ends, overlap the new roll over the previous
roll with the beginning edge in a downward-facing
direction. Wrap the outerwrap once around the pipe to
anchor the new roll before resuming the spiral wrap.
• At the end of the last roll, apply MCO outerwrap end
adhesive to the existing layer before pressing down the
end, in order to prevent possible unraveling before the
outerwrap has cured.
Rolls are individually vacuum-packed in foil bags.
4" x 4' (10.16 cm x 1.22 m) roll, 1.33 sq ft (0.12 m²)
4" x 12' (10.16 cm x 3.66 m) roll, 4.0 sq ft (0.37 m²)
4"x 27' (10.16 cm x 8.23 m) roll, 9.0 sq ft (0.84 m²)
6" x 27' (15.24 cm x 8.23 m) roll, 13.5 sq ft (1.25 m²)
9" x 40' (22.86 cm x 12.19 m) roll, 30.0 sq ft (2.78 m²)
NOTE: Alternative sizes may be available at an additional cost.