Poly-Ply plastic wrapper consists of three 50 gauge, clear, polyvinylidene chloride plastic, high cling membranes, wound together as a single sheet. It provides a mechanical and electrical barrier over graycoat while remaining flexible enough to conform to irregular shaped surfaces. It is inert and will not deteriorate, and is resistant to chemicals and bacteria commonly found in soil.
Poly-Ply Outerwrap can be used either as a wrapper directly over cold-applied Temcoat primer/coating or as an outerwrap over petrolatum-based or wax-based wraps, such as Trenton #1 Wax-Tape wrap. Because Poly-Ply is very conformable, it can be used on both straight pipe and irregular metal surfaces, such as T's and couplings.
- When applying Poly-Ply over Temcoat, simply wrap it over a thorough coating of Temcoat, being sure to overwrap by at least 1 inch. Because Poly-Ply adheres to itself, start and end each application with a tight, complete circling of the pipe or fitting, so that the outer layer of Poly-Ply always has a layer of Poly-Ply underneath to stick to securely. When using Poly-Ply as an outerwrap over a wrap, follow the same procedure.
- Coreless rolls are packaged in cartons containing
50 square yards per carton.
4" x 50' rolls (27 rolls/carton)
6" x 50' rolls (18 rolls/carton)
9" x 50' rolls (12 rolls/carton)
12" x 50' rolls (9 rolls/carton)
18" and 36" widths available by special order.
- Color: Clear
- Thickness: 1.5 mils
- Dielectric strength: 2000 volts/mil
- Water absorption: negligible
- 3-Ply composition for extra mechanical strength
- High Dielectric strength
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- Composed of inert plastic film that will not deteriorate
- Resistant to chemicals and bacteria
- Convenient size of roll
- Relatively inexpensive