STANDARDS & REFERENCES
PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE45 conductor meets or exceeds all applicable ASTM specifications, requirements of the National Electrical Code.
- ASTM B910 / B190M: Standard Specification for Annealed Copper-Clad Steel Wire.
- ASTM B170: Standard Specification for Oxygen-Free Electrolytic Copper.
- ASTM D1238: Standard Test Method for Melt Flow Rates of Thermoplastics by Extrusion Plastometer.
PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE45 tracer wire is designed to have the flexibility, memory, and feel of copper. It also has a 43% higher break-load , minimizing damage uring installation and while in service. This product is best suited for open-trench applications. Equal in signal tracing performance, it simply outperforms copper tracer wire and significantly reduces material costs.
- Designed for Open-Trench Applications.
- Flexibility, Memory, and Feel of Copper.
- 43% Higher Breakload than Copper.
- Corrosion Resistant Properties of Copper
- Tracer Wire Performance Equal to Copper.
- 45 Mil, High-Density, HMWPE Insulation, and Direct Burial Rated.
- Significantly Lower in Cost with Great Price Stability.
- User-Friendly and Virtually No "Recoil".
PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE45 is a high-flex, copper-clad steel conductor. A low carbon steel core, metallurgically bonded with a copper cladding, that is uniform and continuous, creating a bi-metal conductor that acts as one and is corrosion resistant. Special annealling processes are performed during the cladding process giving HF-CCS the flexibility and feel of copper, but 43% higher in tensile strength which means less breaks then copper tracer wire.
PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE45 utilizes a 45 mil, high-density, high molecular weight polyethylene (HDPE) insulation. HDPE provides an excellent balance of surface smoothness, processing ease and electrical consistency. HDPE provides superior strength against underground elements that help prevent accidental breaks caused buy rocks in shifting soil conditions.
Tracer wire for open-trench installation shall be a 12 AWG solid, PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE45. Conductor shall be soft-drawn, 21% IACS, copper clad steel, utilizing a AISI 1006 low carbon steel core (required to meet break load and flexibility), with break load of 282 lbs (55,000 psi). Conductor shall be extruded with a 45 mil, high density polyethylene, and meet the APWA color code of the buried utility line. Tracer wire shall be rated for direct burial use at 30 volts and RoHS compliant. Made in the USA.