Trenton #1 Wax-Tape prevents
corrosion on underground pipe, including wet and irregular surfaces.
It requires no waiting time or drying time, can be backfilled immediately,
and supports cathodic protection. Trenton #1 Wax-Tape is user friendly,
contains no VOCs, is non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-carcinogenic.
It provides excellent protection for a variety of applications,
including couplings, valves, fittings, weld cutbacks and cadwelds.
Trenton #1 Wax-Tape is easily applied to small and large valves
and bolts and provides long lasting protection.
#1 Wax-Tape is used in the water industry and
conforms to AWWA Standard C217.
Rehabilitation and repair of coatings is made
easy because of minimal surface preparation, compatibility with
other coatings, and immediate backfill.
The #1 Wax-Tape conforms to all types of fittings
and irregular surfaces. It can also be applied to wet surfaces.
#1 Wax-Tape is provided in conveniently sized
coreless rolls. Various widths and lengths are available.
- Description: #1 Wax-Tape is
a plastic-fiber felt, saturated with a blend of microcrystalline
waxes, plasticizers and corrosion inhibitors, forming a tape wrapper.
Ideal because of its excellent conformability over irregular surfaces.
- End Use: For application on
below ground metal surfaces, pipe or fittings to prevent corrosion.
- Packaging: In rolls 4in. and
6 in. widths by 9ft. length. Special widths and lengths are available.
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- Can be applied over wet surfaces
- Superior wetting and adhesion properties
- Composed of inert materials
- Self-sealing lap seams
- No drying or curing time before backfilling
- Can be applied at low temperatures
- Ideal where only minimal surface preparation
- Easily removable for temporary installations
and for examination of metal surface
- Easy clean-up with towel and hand cleaner
|Saturant pour point
||115° -125° F